Notes from Swim Meeting 2/16/17
Stay up to date on meetings, happenings, and get reminders about bringing your swim gear on swim meet days! Sign up for the swim remind. Click on the link or text.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Coach Armstrong or Coach Nick.
Parent Information Meeting
If you missed the Parent Meeting, here is what we discussed:
1) Team Website - Everything you need to know can be found on the team website. Please browse the pages for current information.
2) Clearance forms - Swimmers must be cleared in order to swim. If they are not cleared by the first day of practice (February 21), they will not be allowed to swim. If they do not have their clearance completed by February 24, they will not be allowed on the team)
3) Expectations at practice - Swimmers are to arrive on time (3:10) to sign in. Stretching begins at 3:15. All swimmers are expected to be in the pool warming up at 3:30. If you are unable to make practice, you must inform us through our contact page.
4) Expectations for club swimmers - Swim Meets are every Thursday. Club swimmers are expected to be at practice every Wednesday. This will allow our team to practice together, especially for the relay teams. If you are unable to make practice, you must inform us through our contact page.
5) Policy for earning a Varsity Letter - There are two options for earning a varsity letter. a) 80% attendance and 10 points scored in meets or b) 95% attendance and 5 points scored in meets.
4) Expectations for busy swimmers - If a swimmer goes below 75% attendance there is a possibility of being cut from the team. Coach Nick and I will take each case individually. Please contact either of us if you are going to be out.
5) Cuts - Our goal is to develop a supportive, hard working, amazing swim team. We believe that this comes for working hard, at practices and meets, along with having fun. In order for us to achieve this, we expect all swimmers to come to practice with the expectation to work hard and try. As long as our swimmers are doing this, we will not cut you. We believe in developing all levels of swimmers to help then achieve their own personal goals.
7) Meets - The schedule is posted under the "Meets" page. Busses will take the swimmers to each meet, including home meets. Parents are expected to pick up their swimmers.
8) Suits - You can find the suits under the "Suits" page. There is an order form located on the bottom of this page, it is also located on the "Paperwork" page. There is a spirit package offer that include a suit, warm up jacket, warm up pants, and two swim caps. $97.00 for women's and $92 for men's. As of now, order forms are due February 22, the first day of practice.
9) Contact - If there is any reason you need to get in touch with Coach Nick or myself, please go to the "Coaches / Contact" page. If the question or concern is related to meets, practice, and workouts, please contact Coach Nick. He is in charge of the pool and workouts. If the questions or concern is related to paperwork, orders, fundraising, or other managerial concerns, please contact Coach Armstrong.
9) Paper Work - There is a page dedicated to paper work, "Paper Work". Here you will find order forms, driving forms, swimming 101 (basic information about high school swimming and the point system). etc.
10) Blog - This year, Coach Nick and I are attempting to blog about the season and what is happening in the deck.
11) Team Parents - If you are a parent and interested in helping out at home meets, fundraising, and general community building events, please contact Coach Armstrong.
12) Carpooling - Carpooling is a wonderful way for swimmers get to practice. If you can carpool, please contact Coach Armstrong.
13) Fundraising - The swim team is in need of funds for pool rental, busses, officials, and other swim team related items. Through out the season, there will be a number of fundraising opportunities.
1) Fan Cloth Catalogs. I'm challenging each swimmer to sell at least 2 items. If you need a Catalog, please see Coach Armstrong in room 1101.
2) Going out to eat. Currently I'm in the process of working on our first restaurant fundraiser at the Dog Haus in San Diego, sandiego.doghaus.com/ The Dog Haus is an inexpensive local restaurant, on Broadway and 9th, with hot dogs and hamburgers.
3) I'm working with the school to create an online fundraiser as well.
14) Questions - if there are any questions you have about the team and who we are, please do not hesitate to contact either Coach Nick or myself, Coach Armstrong.